Happy March!

Winter is on its way out and spring is coming...19 more days! I am excited to get back to the garden and so filled with hope for the new season.

I have a few offerings below.  Take a look and let me know if you have any questions or are interested in anything.

I hope you are happy and dreaming of springtime too!

Thank you always for visiting me and the other talented artist here on Early Work Mercantile. Have a great month friends.

Warmest wishes ~ Jenn xo


jenntavoletti@gmail.com 


~*~

"Early Spring Garden" Textile Art

Inspired by my back garden, this is hand-stitched and primitively made using early bits and pieces of quilts and old textiles appliqued together to make a picture, like a cloth painting.  It's my very favorite thing to create!  Tattered and torn in some places because of the age of the fabrics.
Of course, there are snowdrops, always snowdrops in March.  Little flowers that bring us lots of hope and happiness.
And cardinals at my feeders.  They are such a bright spot in the gray early days of spring.
I needed to include a little Iris...
She's my little black and white kitty sitting by the garden gate.  I always call this her "I want in, I want out" month because she knows spring is coming but doesn't realize how cold some days can be and can't decide where she wants to be!
This piece was made with lots of love and many stitches.  It measures 8" x 10" for easy framing if you like. I have sewn around the edge to prevent it from fraying.

SOLD ~ Thank you
$98.00 which includes priority mail shipping and handling 

~*~

Bluebird


Just a sweet bird for spring.  Made from both antique and new fabrics that are made to look worn and old. 
Lots of stitches and pieces.  4" tall and just about 7" long.

SOLD ~ Thank you
$32.00 includes priority mail shipping and handling

~*~

"Little Blue House" Pincushion

I really enjoy making these little house pincushions.  This one is hand-pieced together with early, antique and vintage textiles. I really do save the littlest of scraps.

Please take note that this is a small piece but has lots of little details. 3" x 3"
If you look close, you will see two bluebirds, one in the birdbath.  The little blue house sits on a lawn of flowers. It is filled with walnut hulls and backed with a piece of vintage kantha fabric.
SOLD ~ Thank you!
$25.00 includes priority mail shipping

~*~

Spring Rabbit


Handpainted and aged to look old.  Her ears are lined with vintage blue calico.  Little Rabbits face is stitched and applied, and has flax whiskers.  She has a needle felted wool tail under her dress.  Both wool and flax are sourced from a local farm here in PA.

Dressed in antique blue calico, with a vintage scarf made from a piece of one of my textile balls found in Lancaster County.  She is wearing a corsage which is an antique sewing pin.
She is 8" tall
SOLD ~ thank you
$54.00 which includes priority mail shipping and handling