Folk Art Tomato Cloth Doll ~ SOLD

Inspired by this lovely season....a tomato head doll


Larger than my usual dolls, over 22" and what a joy to create!  

She has a large tomato-red head, stitched face, pinched nose, and vintage wool cap.   Her body is rag-filled.


Carrying a plump over-dyed wool strawberry.


Her brown dress is very primitive with just a touch of whimsy at the top with one of my favorite antique reproduction calicos.  I tried to make it look like an old seed bag make-do kind-of dress with hemp roping suspenders.  There are little worn rips and tears, and a wool patch at the bottom. 



You can sit her up or hang her on your cupboard, front door, or anywhere you have a hook.  I wish I could capture her personality better but it's too sunny out today and my camera is being finicky.

Tomato doll is an original and one of a kind, made with love ......and lots of little stitches!!


She is sold, thank you!
$64.00 includes priority mail shipping within the U.S.  All others please inquire via email.

Thank you kindly for visiting and have a very happy Independence day!
Jenn :)